During the 2019-2020 school year, CLiF will offer 12 Rural Libraries grants (6 in Vermont and 6 in New Hampshire). Applications are due Wednesday, April 3, 2019. Ideal candidates will use the CLiF grant to think energetically, resourcefully, and creatively about getting books to children by collaborating with the local elementary school, childcare centers, and community members, encouraging family participation in the public library, and promoting the new collection of books.
GRANT RECIPIENTS RECEIVE:
- $2,000 worth of new children’s books for the public library, to be chosen by the public librarian
- $500 worth of new children’s books for the school library, to be chosen by the school librarian
- A storytelling and book presentation at the local elementary school for all students PK-6, to be held between September and December.
- An author or illustrator visit and book giveaway for all the students at the elementary school to be held between April and June. Each student will be able to choose two new books to take home and keep from hundreds of titles provided by CLiF. The public and school librarians will showcase their summer reading programs.
- Two storytelling presentations and two book giveaways for the local child care(s) on the same days as the two presentations at the school. After the storytelling, each child will be able to choose two books to take home and keep, and CLiF will leave behind an on-site library of 15 new books at the child care.
- $250 grant application to support programming in your library.
- Public library in Vermont or New Hampshire.
- Located in a town of 5,000 residents or fewer.
- Limited budget, libraries with annual budget of less than $125,000 generally given preference.
- Demonstrated need for CLiF support.
- Enthusiasm to partner with the local elementary school, child care centers, and community members.
- Must be a minimum of four years since your last Rural Library grant.
CLiF requires recipients of teacher mini-grants to fill out a feedback form. This helps us to track your grant and to share your good ideas with other teachers and CLiF program partners. These must be submitted by June 5, 2019.