CLiF Rural Library Grant Application, 2023-2024
During the 2023-2024 school year, CLiF will offer 12 Rural Libraries grants (6 in Vermont and 6 in New Hampshire). Applications are due May 20, 2023 with grant notifications by mid-June.
GRANT RECIPIENTS RECEIVE:
- $2,000 worth of new children’s books for the public library, to be chosen by the public librarian
- $500 worth of new children’s books for the school library, to be chosen by the school librarian
- A storytelling and book presentation at the local elementary school for all students PK-6, to be held in Fall 2023. The public and school librarians will showcase their new library books purchased with the CLiF grant.
- An author/illustrator visit and book giveaway for all the students at the elementary school or library to be held in Spring 2024. Each student will be able to choose two new books to take home provided by CLiF. The public and school librarians will showcase their summer reading programs.
- Storytelling presentation and book giveaway for children (and their families) ages 0-5 at the library, local childcare center, or school. After the storytelling event, each child will be able to choose two books to take home and keep.
- $250 mini-grant to support programming in your library.
- Public library in Vermont or New Hampshire.
- Serving town(s) with 5,000 residents or less.
- Limited budget, libraries with annual budget of less than $125,000 generally given preference.
- Demonstrated need for CLiF support.
- Demonstrated commitment to partner with the local elementary school, child care centers, and community members.
- Must be a minimum of four years since your last Rural Library grant.